Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Nursing and Health-Related Databases
CINAHL Complete is the premier nursing database and should be the first place you try to find nursing journal articles.
To find articles about nursing topics, complete a keyword search in CINAHL.
- To do keyword searching in CINAHL, simply enter your keyword(s).
- There's not one correct way to do keyword searching in CINAHL – it is important to try different keyword combinations.
- CINAHL contains both citations and full text articles. A citation provides information about the article, but not the article itself. Limit your results to Full Text if you want to search only full articles.
- If your search retrieves too many results, try adding another keyword.
CINAHL Search Examples (Keyword):
- population health
- collaboration AND nursing
- technology AND nursing
Try the databases below for more general research. Contact library staff for research assistance.
Academic Search Complete
Has full-text articles and abstracts from thousands of scholarly/peer-reviewed journals in many areas of academic study. Available through EBSCOhost.
Features leading medical content, plus multimedia, self-assessment, algorithms, case studies, and more.
Health Source - Consumer Edition
Collection of consumer health information and access to nearly 80 full text, consumer health magazines, including American Fitness, Better Nutrition, Fit Pregnancy, Harvard Health Letter, HealthFacts, Men's Health, Muscle & Fitness, Prevention, and Vegetarian Times. Also includes searchable full text for more than 1,000 health-related pamphlets and 130 health reference books.
Available through EBSCOhost, this is the National Library of Medicine's database providing authoritative indexing to 4800+ scholarly medical, nursing, veterinary science, and other health-related journals from 1966 to the present.
Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collections
An EBSCOhost database indexing 550+ scholarly/peer-reviewed journals back to 1965 on a wide range of psychiatric and psychological subjects. Updated daily.
PubMed is a free search engine accessing primarily the MEDLINE database of references and abstracts on life sciences and biomedical topics.